Stacey D Udell, CPA/ABV/CFF, CVA
Director | Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Stacey is Director of Valuation, Litigation and Forensics for the Mid-Atlantic Region of HBK Valuation Group. She more than 20 years experience in business valuation, forensic accounting, economic damages, and litigation support services. Valuations of businesses and professional practices for purposes of bankruptcy for submission to courts and trustees, Divorce, ESOP compliance, estate and gift tax planning and compliance, mergers and acquisitions, succession planning, compensation studies and damage studies are also a part of Stacey’s experience.
In her prior role as a partner in a full-service accounting firm, Stacey provided accounting and tax services for closely-held and family businesses, including financial statement preparation, business and personal income tax planning, compliance, and estate and business succession planning.
Stacey has valued privately-owned operating companies and divisions, investment holding companies, proprietorships, and other entities in various industries.
Stacey has been qualified as an expert in the State of New Jersey and has received extensive training on providing expert witness testimony and litigation support for business valuations. She has worked with counsel on valuations prepared for marital dissolutions, shareholder and estate tax disputes, as well as on complicated computations of economic damages, and has successfully defended her opinions of value. Additionally, she has volunteered at the ABA/NITA Family Law Trial Advocacy program.
Stacey is a core member of HBK's Cannabis Industry Group and has helped cannabis entities develop strategies to maximize the value of their firms. She has authored or co-authored definitive texts and articles on the subject, including:
- Co-author of The Cannabis Industry Accounting and Appraisal Guide, July 2018
- Primary author of Cannabis: A Budding Opportunity, Valuation Strategies, March/April 2016
- “Goes by Many Names But Never The Same – Valuing Businesses in the Cannabis Industry” NACVA Annual Consultants Conference, June 2018
- “Cannabis Industry Update” Business Valuation Resources, August 2018
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, University of Delaware
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, AICPA Forensic and Litigation Services Committee
- Member and Chairperson, AICPA Family Law Task Force
- Committee Member, AICPA Forensic and Valuation Services Conferences
- Member, National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA)
- Member, New Jersey – NACVA
- Member and Leader of the Cannabis Industry Group, New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJSCPA)
- Founding Member and Board Member, South Jersey Collaborative Divorce Professionals
- Founding Member, Bridge West Network