Steven Resnick, CPA, MBA
Senior Director | Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
Steven Resnick has been helping minor league baseball owners and operators improve profitability and enhance the value of their franchises since 1986. From stadium construction and lease negotiation to season ticket sales and concession profit analyses, he has provided tax, accounting and consulting services to more than 60 of baseball’s 160 affiliated minor league franchises.
Steve has worked on both sides of the business in minor league baseball. He was an owner-operator of the AA Memphis Chicks in 1988-89. In 1995, he was the lead owner of the group that bought the AA Harrisburg Senators, then stayed on to operate the club for four more years after its sale in 1996. Steve has worked with affiliated minor league baseball club owners and operators, and those from other sports, on the full range of operations issues and financial concerns that must be addressed to buy and operate a successful sports franchise.
Prior to joining HBK in November 2016, Steve was a principal of Resnick Amsterdam Leshner, P.C., a firm he founded in 1984. A native of New Jersey, he graduated from the University of Pittsburgh with a B.S. in Psychology, and then went on to earn a Master of Business Administration (Accounting Major) degree from Temple University. He holds CPA licenses in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- Master of Business Administration (Accounting) degree from Temple University, Fox School of Business
- Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology from the University of Pittsburgh
- Member, Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Member of New Jersey Institute of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA)
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)